The free 39th annual Basically Beethoven Festival kicks off with an afternoon of music for the clarinet.
Join us for our free classical music concert series in Dallas. Enjoy chamber music in the beautiful Moody Performance Hall in the Dallas Arts District.
Rising Star Recital – 2:30 p.m.
Accomplished student musician, Noah Yi, clarinet, will open with Francis Poulenc‘s Sonata for Clarinet and Piano.
Feature Performance – 3 p.m.
Dallas-based Trio Kavanáh: Grace Kang Wollett, violin; Danny Goldman, clarinet; Trevor Hale, piano; fill the afternoon with a diverse program including Peter Schickele‘s Serenade for Three; Largo for Violin, Clarinet and Piano, S. 73 by Charles Ives; Paul Schoenfield‘s Trio for Clarinet, Violin and Piano; and a piece commissioned by Trio Kavanáh, Interplay, by Dallas-based composer Kimberly Osberg.
Overview: 2019 Basically Beethoven Festival
- Sunday afternoons in July: July 7, 14, 21, & 28
- Every Festival presentation begins at 2:30 p.m., with doors to the auditorium opening at 2:00.
- Moody Performance Hall in the Dallas Arts District: 2520 Flora Street, Dallas 75201
- Each program includes the Rising Star Recital, featuring talented student musicians from the area; and the Feature Performance, showcasing extraordinary local musicians.
- Free, no ticket required. Families welcome.
Powered by Yendif Technologies