The free 39th annual Basically Beethoven Festival kicks off with an afternoon of music for the clarinet
Join us for our free classical music concert series in Dallas. Enjoy chamber music in the beautiful Moody Performance Hall in the Dallas Arts District.
Rising Star Recital – 2:30 p.m.
Accomplished student musician, Noah Yi, clarinet begins the Festival with:
Johannes Brahms: Clarinet Sonata, op. 120 No. 2
Feature Performance – 3 p.m.
A clarinet trio with Grace Kang Wollett, violin; Danny Goldman, clarinet; and Mikhail Berestnev, piano fills the afternoon with a diverse program:
Peter Schickele: Serenade for Three
Charles Ives: Largo for Violin, Clarinet and Piano
Paul Schoenfield: Trio for Clarinet, Violin and Piano
Kimberly Osberg: Interplay for piano trio
Roland Elbert: Piano Trio
Overview: 2019 Basically Beethoven Festival
- Sunday afternoons in July: July 7, 14, 21, & 28
- Every Festival presentation begins at 2:30 p.m., with doors to the auditorium opening at 2:00.
- Moody Performance Hall in the Dallas Arts District: 2520 Flora Street, Dallas 75201
- Each program includes the Rising Star Recital, featuring talented student musicians from the area; and the Feature Performance, showcasing extraordinary local musicians.
- Free, no ticket required. Families welcome.
Powered by Yendif Technologies