Chamber music for piano and strings fills the third concert of the 39th annual Basically Beethoven Festival.
Join us for our free classical music concert series in Dallas. Enjoy chamber music in the beautiful Moody Performance Hall in the Dallas Arts District.
Rising Star Recital – 2:30 p.m.
Pianist Ishan Loomba, a 2019 Junior Cliburn competitor, presents works by Ludwig van Beethoven, Frédéric Chopin, and Maurice Ravel.
Feature Performance – 3 p.m.
A selection from J.S. Bach‘s Cello Suite no. 4 in E-flat; Ludwig van Beethoven‘s Piano Trio in E-flat; and Robert Schumann‘s Piano Quintet in E-flat will be performed by Festival Director Alex McDonald, piano, and the quartet that supported July 14’s Rising Star Recitalist: Jen Betz, violin; Molly Baer, violin; Rachel Li McDonald, viola; and Craig Leffer, cello.
Overview: 2019 Basically Beethoven Festival
- Sunday afternoons in July: July 7, 14, 21, & 28
- Every Festival presentation begins at 2:30 p.m., with doors to the auditorium opening at 2:00.
- Moody Performance Hall in the Dallas Arts District: 2520 Flora Street, Dallas 75201
- Each program includes the Rising Star Recital, featuring talented student musicians from the area; and the Feature Performance, showcasing extraordinary local musicians.
- Free, no ticket required. Families welcome.
Powered by Yendif Technologies