The free 39th annual Basically Beethoven Festival continues with a piano-filled afternoon.
Join us for our free classical music concert series in Dallas. Enjoy chamber music in the beautiful Moody Performance Hall in the Dallas Arts District.
Rising Star Recital – 2:30 p.m.
New this year! The Rising Star recitalist will be the Grand Prize Winner from the SMU Institute for Young Pianists concerto competition. The winner, to be named July 12, will perform a selection from a piano concerto with a grouping of collaborative string performers. The professional musicians who will perform with the recitalists are familiar to Festival attendees: Jennifer Chang Betz, violin; Molly Baer, violin; Rachel Li McDonald, viola; Craig Leffer, cello.
Feature Performance – 3 p.m.
A selection of works for “piano four hands” (two pianists sharing one instrument) will be performed by Evan Mitchell and Jonathan Tsay. Together, they will present arrangements of Claude Debussy‘s Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun; the first movement of Ludwig van Beethoven‘s Symphony No. 6, op. 68, “Pastorale”; Modest Mussorgsky‘s Night on Bald Mountain; and Giochino Rossini‘s William Tell Overture.
Overview: 2019 Basically Beethoven Festival
- Sunday afternoons in July: July 7, 14, 21, & 28
- Every Festival presentation begins at 2:30 p.m., with doors to the auditorium opening at 2:00.
- Moody Performance Hall in the Dallas Arts District: 2520 Flora Street, Dallas 75201
- Each program includes the Rising Star Recital, featuring talented student musicians from the area; and the Feature Performance, showcasing extraordinary local musicians.
- Free, no ticket required. Families welcome.
Powered by Yendif Technologies