FINE ARTS CHAMBER PLAYERS
Fine Arts Chamber Players (FACP) was founded in 1981 by Rogene Russell and Charles Price in collaboration with the Dallas Museum of Fine Arts at Fair Park. The FREE Basically Beethoven Festival began that year and quickly became known as Dallas’ premier summer chamber music festival. In 1984, the Dallas Museum of Fine Arts moved to its new home in the downtown Dallas Arts District and was renamed the Dallas Museum of Art. There, in the DMA’s Horchow Auditorium, FACP began the Bancroft Family Concerts. Starting with the 2019-2020 season, the series has a new name: Hallam Family Concerts.
The concerts remain free for all and the artistic vision remains unaltered.
A Community of Music
FACP's mission is to enrich and enhance the quality of life for North Texas-area residents, especially families and children, through free concerts of classical music and educational activities.
2022 - 2023 Season
Hallam Family Concerts
- Sat, Jan 14DallasJan 14, 2023, 3:00 PM CSTDallas, 4711 Westside Dr, Dallas, TX 75209, USAThe creation of the horn trio—consisting of horn, violin and piano—was the revolutionary brainchild of Johannes Brahms, who wrote the piece as a tribute to his late mother. Hear the work that transformed this chamber music genre, alongside the pieces that influenced it and benefited from it.
- Sat, Feb 04DallasFeb 04, 2023, 3:00 PM CSTDallas, 4711 Westside Dr, Dallas, TX 75209, USAIn this concert of pieces for violin, viola, and cello, listeners trace the entirety of classical evolution, from the earliest, pre-instrumental works for voices alone to the revolutionary innovations found in modern string writing.
- Sat, Mar 04DallasMar 04, 2023, 3:00 PM CSTDallas, 4711 Westside Dr, Dallas, TX 75209, USAA concert inspired by the literary wit of Lewis Carroll—but expressed in musical puzzles. Acronyms, mirror imagery, musical acrostics and more are found in works by Robert Schumann, Johannes Brahms, David del Tredici, and Julia Wolfe.
- Sat, Apr 15DallasApr 15, 2023, 3:00 PM CDTDallas, 3630 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75219, USADifferent natural worlds, including perspectives from the bottom of the sea and the intricacies of a garden, form a musical lens of works for flute, viola and harp by Miguel del Aguila, Arnold Bax, and Sofia Gubaidulina.
- Sat, May 13DallasMay 13, 2023, 3:00 PM CDTDallas, 1717 N Harwood St, Dallas, TX 75201, USAThe Charles Barr Memorial Concert celebrates the legacy of Dallas bassist Charles Barr through showcasing the best of young DFW musicians. This year’s concert features the incredible violinist Nikki Naghavi, in a violin recital that includes Robert Schumann’s first violin sonata.
- RELIVE -
Basically Beethoven Festival '22 + Hallam Family Concert Series '22 - '23