FACP's Masterclasses provides FREE specialized instruction in brass, composition, piano, percussion, string, voice and woodwind by a local professional musician in a classroom or after-school setting. All Grades Levels.
Each week, selected students from Carter High School and Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts, receive a FREE voice lesson from FACP funded teaching-artist. Each year these students present a Spring Recital in Hamon Hall at the Winspear Opera House, singing opera in Italian, French or German. These recitals give each voice student an opportunity to practice performance, poise and presentation in a world-class opera house.
FACP’s four-year commitment to each vocal student keeps the students test scores high and their attendance in school exemplary while our teaching-artist prepares them for college.
Vocal Masterclass Achievements
* Nine of twelve current Booker T. Washington vocal students were chosen for the 2011 Texas
* Three students received scholarships to 2010 SMU-in-Taos summer opera program from direct participation
in Sweet Arts Recital.
This FREE program instructs 3rd grade students at Peak Preparatory School and 4th and 5th grade students at Jack Lowe, Sr. Elementary School on how to play the violin.
Students receive instruments, instruction books, and lessons from area professionals twice a week, plus an annual trip to see the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.
Violin Masterclass students perform annually at various school events and recitals.
- Dallas Symphony Principal Percussionist Doug Howard works with percussionists of the Lincoln High School Band (Dallas ISD) in the Fine Arts Chamber Players’ Masterclass series.
- Fine Arts Chamber Players' cello and composition Masterclass student from Dallas ISD practices the cello.
- Dallas Opera clarinetist Carmen Chapa helps the clarinet students at A. Maceo Smith High School (Dallas ISD) prepare their music for the spring UIL competition.